Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I got some rest

and remembered what I had intended to write about.  Yesterday as I was leaving my Walt Whitman class I heard this conversation: 
Hey
You are in the class right across from me? What is it?
Walt Whitman
Oh, yeah? How are you liking it?
It is pretty tight.  
Tight? Really?  I didn't even realize that people still said that, little less use it to describe the single most boring class I have ever taken.  How do you think Whitman would feel having a class about him described as "tight"?  I contemplated suicide in that class yesterday.  The only way I could think to do it was slam my head on my desk.  I thought at the very least it would make me pass out and that would be a minute less I would have to suffer through the awkward silence and boringness.  I summoned up some will power and managed to make it through only to leave class and hear that.  

Yesterday, I also saw an incredibly attractive man.  I got out of one of my classes early and I was sitting in the hallway waiting for the class to get out of my next class.  A man walks out of the room.  I look up.  Holy smokes!  He has long hair in thin dreadlocks.  He is black so that is a good think not a bad thing. He has an unkept beard.  I can't tell how old he is. He has some kinda fabulous arms, taut and sinewy. Turns out he is the professor and he is British.  Good night.  It was making my head sweat.  


No comments: