Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Two classes down

Two to go.  I am done with Spanish FOREVER!!!!!!  maniacal laugh... And science for that matter, but that isn't as exciting.  

The two classes I have this session are like summer book clubs.  My short story professor even said so a "mini summer book club" he called it.  Short stories are so satisfying sometimes and others they are so frustrating.  Kinda like a quickie, if you catch my drift, sometimes they just don't scratch that itch.  The American Novel after the 20th century is really exciting.  I'm reading some really fun authors on my "to read" list that I never would have actually gotten around to.  H.P. Lovecraft, Philip K. Dick (he wrote A Scanner Darkly), Cormac McCarthy (No Country for Old Men) of course we aren't reading either of those, right now I'm reading Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep.  I've seen the movie.  It's a good one.  So is the book.  And last Stephen King.  Who can complain about reading five novels in five weeks? I can.  I also have three papers go along with that class. Not to mention the tests and the paper for the other one.  I'm tired just thinking about it.  Not to mention I have so much reading a night I can barely come up for air.  But class is fun.  I can't complain too much.  

No comments: