Thursday, June 05, 2008

I'm having a shit day

First day of summer school.  Joy.  Spent $168 on books I will use for 6 weeks.  I still have a $30 book to buy.  The wind is blowing 100 miles per hour.  Between my last class and the $4 parking spot that was a mile away there was 2 construction sites.  I had dirt in my eye and stuck in my chap stick.   The wind was blowing so hard at on point I thought I would have to find a place to hold on to something.  I couldn't chance walking when the wind really blew or I might have fallen.  This wind is giving our garden a beating it won't soon forget.  And what did that sweet little garden ever do to the wind.  It looks like somebody has done a jig over our vegetables.  The corn is at a 45 degree angle.  I swear it.  

I have homework.  My calendar looks horrible already.  Not to mention I have 2 finals on the Saturday after classes get out.  I hope to god they aren't at the same time because both of my professors said there is no make-up.  What do you do?  

Kyle's dad will be in the hospital for a minimum of 3 more weeks a maximum of 6.  He has been in the hospital now for over two weeks, I think.  The days run it is hard to keep track.  The point is he has lymphoma.  A football size "mass".  He has a fungus he got from being around farm animals.  Due to his compromised immune system the fungus is in his spinal fluid, translation- in his brain.  He has pneumonia due to the fungus creating all kinds of havoc in his lungs were it started.  His kidneys aren't functioning well because the tumor is pressing on the tubes that take the pee from the kidney to the bladder.  To top it off, he is in a hospital and hour away.  So it is a breeze to visit.  

1 comment:

The Q said...

Oh, Honey!

What are you doing Friday?