Saturday, February 23, 2008

Will you be my verb?

Really great things come to me when I am driving along at night. When I get out of the car I can hear the woosh of the thoughts leaving my head and the feeling is gone, gone, gone.

But here are some:

I was thinking of some time ago when Kyle and I were broken up. I was dating this guy Corley and I were friends with in high school. We'll call him Stephen. Stephen had the unfortunate job of staying up with me. I was on a serious depression diet with no eating or sleeping and somehow my body continued to function normally. So, in the middle of the night, about 3, we would drive down Mopac a six lane highway that is empty at night listening to Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here and I would swerve the car back and forth through three lanes to the music. Now you may be thinking you crazy asshole. But I will tell you something- it feels so good. It was similar to being rocked in a cradle.

This story made me think that my life is punctuated by my break ups with Kyle. But that wasn't sufficient. My life is punctuated by my time apart from Kyle. My young life before I met him is the adverb that modifies my whole sentence. Right now we haven't reached the predicate we are still in this achingly long nominal clause. There are a few commas. Kyle is my subject and my verb. I do adore him.

Here is another thought. How lame am I. I go to my my space, view my profile to listen to the music.

Now you can too: myspace.com/youthinkyouaresospecial

Did I mention I have been drinking?

1 comment:

madge said...

the diagram of love