Friday, February 22, 2008

Baby, do you understand me now? Sometimes I feel a little mad.

Sometime I think life is too hard for me. I'm just going to give in. If I stop fighting and just file in behind all the other faceless idiots things would be so much easier for me. Why can't I just go to the movies to see Step Up 2 and be happy with that? Or believe that things will change if a Democrat is elected? Or that anything or anybody can fix this sinking ship we call the economy?

I think I have become too jaded. I believe nothing. I believe in nothing. I assume everyone is either lying or misinformed. But I look them straight in the face and nod.

Every Friday I hang out with friends I used to work with at a tattoo shop. We were talking about sororities and fraternities. There were some kids there getting tattooed. They were all 18. I say I don't really see the benefits of sororities. This girl, of course, says, "Networking". Oh, I had never heard that before. What do you say to that? Do I unleash like I want to? I say, "That is what everybody says, but I don't know if that's true." She says something that I didn't hear so I didn't say another word. What I wanted to say was, "That is just something adults lie to you about. It is similar to the lies they tell you about everyone being equal and your vote counting. But you don't need to worry about those things. You just go watch Step Up 2."

No comments: