Friday, January 11, 2008

"You can't be lucky everyday!"

A number of things I haven't told you, ready?

1. I'm making a scrapbook for my kinda sister in law (Kyle's little sister). It is of her wedding. This is for her wedding present. I'm in scrapbook hell.
2. I saw a mocking bird in target today. He or She was in the cosmetic section.
3. Last night while coming home from the grocery store after dark I saw a swirling collection of bats under a bridge. It was quite lovely. They looked like leaves caught in the breeze.
4. I watched This Filthy World this afternoon, and frankly there is no one alive as awesome as John Waters. I simply adore him. I think I might write him some fan male. Doesn't that sound fun?
5. Weeks ago I accidentally watched The Notebook. Now your saying, "Yeah, right! You liar. We all know you rented it. Your just embarrassed." But let me tell you it was on tv. Nothing else was on so I foolishly decided to watch the movie playing with Ryan Gosling. I think he is pretty cute. What the hell, right? Holy Shit. I cried so hard. The movie was sad no doubt, but that really wasn't the problem. It was the commercials. Crying. Stop crying. Crying. Stop Crying. There should be a warning. It should read like this: WARNING: This movie make you sob uncontrollably. If you are one of these people just rent the damn movie because these commercials with fuck with your head!
6. This is my last weekend of freedom before school starts. I have a 15 hour semester to look forward to.
7. If television truly is a reflection of our lives, I'm terrified. If I didn't know any better I would be sure I was going to be murdered in a day or two. People are getting killed on television right and left, willy-nilly. There is no rhyme or reason, really. I have also been watching the local news pretty regularly. I have to stop. Inevitably the 30 minute sequence goes a little something like this: Top story, local cop beats up minority/ shoots minority in the back/sexual predator of 13 year old girls/ or something equally horrible. Next story, hit and run/murder/ dead body found in lake. After that I'm both numb and horrified that I don't even remember the rest of the news cast.

No comments: