Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm so mad I could spit

It would be fiery. I only have seven more Spanish classes. Yes, it is so bad I am counting down. I feel a little better and a littler worse because I posted a seething online course survey a few minutes ago. Better, because I got to ream her. Worse, because I didn't get to say everything I wanted to get off my chest. 450 characters just wasn't enough.

I know you don't want to hear about it. Frankly, I'm tired of talking about it. BUT damn it. I pissed. It has come to the point were I want to stand up in class and say, "What the fuck is your problem, bitch?" I know class will only get worse. I can't figure out what she wants from me, but apparently I upset her through other people. Doesn't that sound ridiculous?

Example: Today we brought in our homework assignment. It was a one page, double-spaced paper (in Spanish) about what the problems of the world are and how artists influence change. We get into groups of four. We then trade papers and everyone is supposed to mark the errors they find (not correct them just mark them). Well, she sees my paper hasn't been marked. She tells them to trade and read it. They say they can't find any errors. She looks at me and asks me if I don't have any errors. Naturally, I tell her I don't know. I'm not correcting my paper. That wasn't the assignment. She then reads the paper for a few minutes, looks at ME for reasons I can't explain and proceeds to tell me there are at least 10 errors that she has found. (The reason they can't find errors is that Kyle has read and helped me correct my paper. If there are errors they are small and way beyond me or anyone else's Spanish in the class. That is why we are in the damn class.) I left really pissed.

Why was I getting reprimanded for having a good paper? Have you ever heard of teacher getting mad because you did GOOD? I guess encouragement isn't in her vocabulary.

1 comment:

Drew said...

I think the real issue here is why are you being singled out? If the point of the exercise was to grade someone else's paper and have another member of the class grade yours - why is the teacher giving yours the once over?

Shadiness.