Saturday, September 29, 2007

A study of fashion

I notice in my sociology class that every time my teacher comes in I am so thoroughly impressed with her appearance. In my estimation, she is in her 40's. She is quite slender. Her hair is cut short. It never looks "done", but it always looks good. From what I can see, I don't think she wears any make- up. She has about three different pairs of glasses that I have seen so far. Nothing spectacular in any of these things.

But.

Every. Single. Thing. She wears is Gorgeous. Now, I say gorgeous meaning I really like it and she looks really put together. Not gorgeous like I'm ready to go to prom. She looks like the woman you see in Whole Foods and you really like her outfit. It doesn't look forced in anyway. It doesn't look like it took a lot of time. It just came natural. Maybe she used to be a hippie. Now she has plenty of money. And then, naturally, you think That bitch. Well, she looks like that everyday. And she has great jewelry. I think that may be the key to a natural look. Great jewelry.

4 comments:

Tuyet said...

I would love to be admired.

Drew said...

Sounds like someone has a non-sexual crush on their teacher.

It's cool - I had one too. A few years ago I was fascinated with the guy who taught my Moral Philosophy class.

The guy was so smug and sarcastic that he reminded me of me. It was hard not to appreciate him.

madge said...

What kind of jewelry?

Lauren said...

She has a matching earing/necklace set that are freshwater pearls in multi colors. Some are sort of flat,almost shaped like a spree, but a little bit smaller. The pearls cascade down her neck from the necklace. Gorgeous! I love pearls.

Today she had on earrings that had a small gold square that hung below her lobe. They complimented her all black outfit perfectly without being overbearing.