Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh, dear, sweet weekend! How I love thee!

Friday through Monday are pretty smooth sailing. By Tuesday I'm tired again.

The adviser from the English department sent me an email this week about the Honors program. Seeing as I'm brilliant and my "outstanding academic" something or another I'm eligible for the honors program. I didn't believe it at first. I literally thought, "Oh, that was probably a mistake." Then I got a second email from a sorority asking me to join. It was an honors sorority.

My life just took a turn for the nerdy. Apparently , I'm on list somewhere that says I'm smart. How do you like that?

Not like I'm going to apply for the Honors program. I don't really see the benefits. I definitely see the drawbacks. More work. I don't need a star by my name when I graduate to feel validated.

On the movie watching agenda this weekend: Farewell, My Concubine and Jacob's Ladder.
On the listening agenda: Ray LaMontagne "Empty" on the album "Til the Sun Turns Black"
(I especially like the lines, "well I looked my demons in the eyes, laid bare my chest, said do your best, destroy me. You see, I've been to hell and back so many times, I must admit you kind of bore me.")

You can see a small clip of "Jolene" sung "Live at Abbey Road".

I kinda feel like if he were to shave he would look somewhat like Stephen Colbert. Do you get that feeling?

Or you can watch this clip of part of "Empty"


I never said it was a happy song.

No comments: