Friday, August 31, 2007

Curtains! Curtains! Curtains!

First let's start with the kitchen. There is no before, because there were no curtains.

This is in our bedroom. I only half made these. This used to be a duvet cover. Then in about 3 seconds with my sewing machine I made them curtains.
Half made curtains from Ikea. These were about a yard too long for our sliding glass door. I hemmed them.


Before: These were in our dining room.
They were fraying all over the place.


Before: WOW! Does this not look like denim? Trying to illustrate the poor lining/ sewing job.

These curtains do not complement my belongings.

After!
I need to get a new lampshade for that lamp

2 comments:

The Q said...

I am jealous at how quickly you made your curtains. Mine are taking forever, but that is my fault or making them as complicated as possible. I am also not lining them. If I did I would not finish before my lease is up, and my living room would be a cave. Emma would slip into deep depression from lack of sunlight, and would begin combing her hair over one eye, wearing the rest in a gunshot wound style, constantly telling me how no one understands her. I am too busy to put up with that.

madge said...

I picked a good day to come back here. Wow! I love the material you used in the kitchen.