Friday, June 22, 2007

The Bus

I know I've said it before, but I really wish I had a usb port to my brain. It would have worked really well last night when I was thinking about this blog post instead of sleeping. But I really wish I had one so you could see all the characters on the bus. It is like a regular freak show on there everyday of the week. I swear each person that gets on is weirder than the next.

This man sat down in front of me and I could smell him. Well when he got off at the same stop these two girls in there 20's got on. They were the two dorkiest, hippie girls I have ever seen in my life. But not the I'm making a statement kind of hippie, rather a I don't know it would be infinitely cooler if I shaved my legs and didn't rival the smell of the homeless man. They should go on some sort of warning poster for kids. Under their picture it would say, "This is what happens when a hippie and a first grade teacher have a baby!"

Two Korean women are always at the bus stop together. One is perfectly normal. The other, however, always has a leopard print umbrella. Rain or shine she is under that thing at the bus stop. I can almost understand that. It is sunny, whatever. BUT. She also has a visor on. AND. Always has a periwinkle, blue handkerchief with a little, tiny, flower print over her face. It is over her nose and mouth like she is a cowboy and any minute she is going to pull out her six shooter and rob the train or bus, whatever. She uses two barrettes and clips it into her hair in the back over her visor strap. She probably has the right idea. I wouldn't have had to smell that hippie girl had I been wearing my cowboy get up.

Just an aside before I move on. I don't know if you have noticed, but the bus gets fuller and fuller as the month goes on. During the first of the month there is hardly anyone on the bus. Then I guess everyone runs out of money and must take the bus?

White male. Probably in his mid to late twenties. Average build, sandy blond hair with a very short almost shaved haircut. I can tell it hasn't been shaved. Because, it looks like he has twisted little tiny pieced and cut them with scissors all over his head. He also had this almost bald spot in the back of his head right in the middle. It could have been bald because there was a scar there. It was hard to tell. But let me tell you he was giving my the willies. The look in his eye was creeeeepy( you have to sing creeeeepy for the full effect).

1 comment:

madge said...

Lauren, Lauren, Lauren. I just love this.