Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Glove Compartment

I cleaned out my car today. And I mean cleaned it. Big time. I have this little arm rest in between the front seats it opens up, you store things in it. I probably haven't cleaned it since I got the car. Six years ago. I found all sorts of stuff in there. Josh's number, Beth's number, Chris's number, all manner of aged breath mints, a tiny, little bottle of eyelash adhesive, change, tampons, pens. You know, all the things a girl needs in her arm rest for god only knows how many years and never uses any of it. Now you must be thinking, Who the hell is Josh? Cause I certainly am. All those other people make perfect sense. However, Josh is really baffling me. I got nothing.

5 comments:

The Q said...

Did you say that you once ran into Josh from my grade at Best Buy or Circuit City or something? Did you get his number for me? What was his last name? Did it start with an "H?" You said he'd gained weight? More questions? Yes?

Lauren said...

Maybe... I don't think so. I can't think of an exchange like that. I couldn't tell you his last name if you paid me a million bucks. The weird thing about it that both Beth's number and Josh's number are on these pieces of ripped brown paper bag. Both the same. What was happening.

Mark Brown said...

Only one way to find out.

Call him, (and beth) and plead ignorance.

and plead friendship

The Q said...

Joshua Henley?

Lauren said...

That has to be his name. Or someone else and it just sounds right. Either way, I'm impressed.