Thursday, April 19, 2007

If you say to me tomorrow...

I generally think that I am a person who doesn't take care of themselves. I certainly don't take of myself as well as I think I should. I drink soda. Not excessively, but I drink some. That is to much. I eat fast food. I don't eat enough fruit or vegetables. I don't drink enough water. Not only diet wise, but spiritually, mentally and physically. I don't exercise enough. I don't read enough. I don't do crafts enough. I don't take enough time to sit quietly. I don't give myself enough time to reflect, if you will. This list could go on, but I am boring myself.

The point is I think about all these things that I should or shouldn't do. Then I talk to people I work with and think, "Oh, hell. I am treating myself wonderful in comparison." I work with a guy who is the same age as me and has high blood pressure. A different guy drinks energy drinks constantly. The worst part is that when I tell them something that I know for fact that is bad for them, caffeine, for instance their eyes glaze over. I get a better response when I talk to Grubb. It is like they don't even want to know how they are poisoning their own bodies. I told one guy the other day, "You should think about these things, because you are going to pay for them later. You only have one body you know."

Kyle went to work early today to take a pretty big pizza delivery to a giant church. He told me that he was going to have to start the day off bad by breathing the poisoned air there. He tells me that the church has not one, but two gift shops in the front. They don't pay taxes on the pizza and they have only tipped him once. That was because he was speaking Spanish to the woman at the front desk and she was impressed and found him some money. So after he takes the deliveries he calls me and tells me that the church is having a raffle for a brand new H3. I couldn't even believe it. You don't even have to be a member to win. Twenty dollars and it could be yours. Some filthy money grubbing scheme. It disgusts me. Should you really be promoting a gas guzzling, polluting machine? Would God be happy with you if you are ruining his creation? Talk about poisoned air.

I go through phases with my diet. Sometimes I only eat healthy. Sometimes I only eat what tastes good. But I know what I should eat and I try to keep it to a minimum with the poisons I ingest. I do read, that is better than nothing and letting my brain rot in my skull. I do sit quietly on occasion. I give my mind exercise. I don't go to church, but at least i am not being lead astray by the wrong messages. There are so many people in my life that love me and that I love dearly. This is enough for me to make my life rich and full. I am so fortunate. So maybe I do take care of myself a little bit.

2 comments:

madge said...

This is beautiful. It gave me the chills.

Mark Brown said...

I agree the H3 is obscene.
It's even worse that the church accepted it as a grand prize for a raffle.

Check my blog for my feelings about Detroit.

Why the F&#$%& can't they try to introduce some of the sub-sub (a-type) cars that they sell in europe and india???

give us small cars, and expensive gas, they'll sell!

just dont get a shot of conscious, like George W, or you're back out!