Monday, March 26, 2007

I have a bone to pick with you, Yogurt!

Why does yogurt need high fructose corn syrup? This really pisses me off! If I wanted to ingest sweet, chemical sludge I would drink a soda. I would not, however, eat some yogurt. I realize unsweetened yogurt is horrible. But what the fuck is wrong with sugar. I know, I know there is yogurt out there with sugar. Do you know how much it costs? It costs upwards of 75 cents for a measly, little, single serving container! Some are over a dollar! The high fructose corn syrup yogurt is 5 for $2. It goes up 35 cents a container, for what? The cheap yogurt has sugar in it too!

Organic, don't you love that word. Immediately the price doubles when "Organic" is on any food. What a fucking scam. How about an affordable yogurt without chemicals? Is this really so hard. I have been thinking about this for a couple days now. It is driving me mad!

4 comments:

Mark Brown said...

What? (forgive me, I can't resist:)
You don't know BOB (ok, Jack)...I'm done... sorry to offend you....

High Fructose Corn Syrup

Want to know what REAL Coca Cola used to taste like?

Now is the time.
Once a year, the "kosher Fairy" comes by to coca cola and puts special Kosher for Passover sometimes a circle(K) and a P
marking on YELLOW caps of regular (and some diet ) cokes.

This special formulation is totally unlike "normal" coke, since it is NOT made with High Fructose Corn Syrup, but made with REAL (as we were discussing) EXPENSIVE sugar.
or beet, beet, sugar beet...

Once a year taste treat with no corn syrup..

And the REASON we have this problem is that the US government PAYS farmers CROP subsidies who raise sugar, and impose HUGE tariffs on imported sugar.

Just like us. We suggest to farmers to raise corn for ethanol (fuel), while we STILL pay them a subsidy to NOT grow so much corn...)\

Life WAS easier in the old days... before HFCS was invented, and they had to get sugar from beets....

Sigh

Hey. send me a request for a poem to the automatic-poem-machine.blogspot.com.

mark

Mark Brown said...

Oh , and what I do is buy either:
vanilla yogurt or PLAIN yogurt by the QUART.

and flavor it myself with the UNSWEETENED fruit preserves.
Totally natural, no bs, and cheap too!

Lauren said...

Good idea about the preserves! I don't know if you know about Dr.Pepper. But they still make Dr.Pepper with real Imperial sugar. It tastes like a dream. Plus, it is in real glass. Hard to find, but worth it.

madge said...

Fabulous discussion! I'm with you.