Thursday, March 22, 2007

Alaskan Cruise?

So Kyle's little sister is getting married this summer. First she was thinking of getting married in Hawaii. Then she said St. Thomas. Okay, I would love a free vacation to the Caribbean, not that I would turn down a free vacation ever. The reason for St. Thomas was that her fiance's dad has a condo down there and they were trying to rent rooms in the condo for everyone. It was something like $300 a night. Turns out there weren't enough room for everyone. Bummer. So now we have to go on an Alaskan Cruise. The Caribbean or Alaska? There are tons of places I want to go. None of which are Alaska or anywhere near Alaska for that matter. Kyle is incredibly disappointed. Is it going to be cold in Alaska even if it is in July? How does that work? Would we need coats on a summer cruise? I'm not a cold weather kinda gal. This doesn't sound particularly fun. On the bright side, don't you think I would get to see a lot of wildlife? Apparently, whales feed in the waters off Alaska in the summer months.

3 comments:

madge said...

LAUREN.
YOU WILL LOVE ALASKA.
Northern lights.
Crazy, crazy daylight hours.
Whales.
Ocean.
Big ass mountains.
It might be chilly, but my word - I think you are bound to fall in love.

Mark Brown said...

No Problems. NO Coats (I promise!)

Summer cruises are (so,I understand, never having been able to afford one)
quite pleasant, and no it's NOT cold that time of year.
But quite beautiful!

have a great time at the wedding!

Lauren said...

The irritating looking people on the website had there coats on. So I thought it would be cold.

So what are we talking about 70 in the day?