Friday, January 26, 2007

Any suggestions would be helpful!!!!

I have been knitting my ass off! I knit over half of this caplet to discover that I think I will have to take over half of my work out and fix it. This pattern sucks! I got a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn. It says it is easy and I 'm sure it would be if the pattern didn't suck. To the knitters out there check rnd 2 and rnd 13 on the picture with the pattern and tell me what you think. Cause to me it reads like you cable two different set of stitches. Then when you pass 13 and get to Rnd 24 you wind up cabling the first set of stitches you cabled! The picture clearly shows that there is more twists in the cable and a large number of stitches between the cables. Should I follow the pattern through? Should I scrap it , take most of my work out and do what I thought was right to begin with?

3 comments:

madge said...

I shouldn't comment because I don't knit, but I think you should follow the pattern through!

The Q said...

Remember the cheap dress pattern that was all sorts of wonky?

I'm just saying...

Lauren said...

Yeah, I think you are right. I had to take it out. I kept seeing it on the table mocking me. Every time I looked at it it just pissed me off. Starting over, and when I think it is wrong I am not doing it like the pattern says.