Sunday, December 17, 2006

The accidental thrifter

I wear fur. Yeah, you heard me. I wear fur. I would only buy vintage fur of course. But I would sell my soul for a black, floor, length mink fur from the 50's. Okay. For one thing minks are gross. They aren't cute. They are mean. And I hear that they stink worse than skunks. So what if it takes 300 of them to make a coat. They are soft and luxurious. I don't believe in killing animals just for killing animals, but the animals have already been dead for 50 plus years. To late now.

This is a jacket my mom brought back for me when she went to visit her sister. Her sister's husband's mother had this coat and she was looking to get rid of it. My mom called and asked if I wanted it. I didn't see it, but of course I said yes. It has a real fur collar and some bitchin' buttons. It is in excellent condition and it still has a dry cleaning tag on it from god knows how long ago.

Everything is better when it is free!

No comments: