Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Why don't you go to library school at UT?

That is an incredibly good question? Why don't I? I really want to be a librarian.

Here are the reasons:

1) I'm lazy
2) Apparently I feel content to procrastinate my life away.
3) I just flat won't apply to get into UT.
4) I need to write two essays that I just don't even want to think about.
5) I am afraid that if I do all that work and pay for all that school that I won't be able to get a job in an Austin or UT library.
6) Did I mention the procrastination thing?
7) I am totally jaded about college. Everyone I know who has a degree doesn't use it or need it.
8) Sometimes I feel I shouldn't waist my time (or my money). I can read a book and learn things. I have met people who go to UT that are complete idiots. I mean real idiots. A person who is 22 and doesn't get the concept of sarcasm. I am not exaggerating. This scares me because what if I don't get accepted. That would just be to low a blow for me to handle.
9) My grades are right at the midway mark so it is possible that I could not be accepted.
10) If I didn't get accepted my only option at that point is to go to Texas State for my degree and actually try so I get better grades to get into library school at UT.
11) If I did have to go to Texas State I would have to drive the equivalent of around the globe to go to school. I live about 80 miles away. They have a Round Rock school, but I don't think they have a degree plan I would like to participate in. At least they didn't the last time I looked.
12) If I did decided to go to Texas State Round Rock I would have to get a degree in something I wasn't thrilled about and try to make good grades so I can get into library school.

These things swirl around in my head until I just shut them out and don't do anything. Like a good procrastinator should.

Please, Lauren, try to write your essays! Please! Do something anything.

P.S. Thank you Madge for your kind words about knowing I am a librarian. That may be the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me.

1 comment:

madge said...

Please, Lauren, try to write your essays! Please! Do something anything.

I will help you if I can! You are so so so lucky to have such a great library program in your backyard.