Wednesday, June 21, 2006

See the vegetable man in the vegetable van

I saw Beck and The Backyard last night. It was a great show and I got to go for free so I'm trying not to complain. But damn I stood in line for at least an hour trying to get alcohol. I will say that when I finally got up there the bartender made my drink so strong I was afraid to light a cigarette around it. One little ash and we all could have gone up in flames. There were puppets at the show playing on stage. Not just any puppets but puppets that looked exactly like the band. About three quarters through the set they played this short movie of the puppets around Austin. The very beginning they are standing at the Congress bridge looking up and one puppet says to the other puppet, " Is this were the bats come out?" second puppet responds, "Yeah, I think so. Did you know that Austin is the Goth capital of the world?" Laugh riot. Judging from the crowd I'd say Austin is the middle aged couple capital of the world.

I also got to see a old friend from high school that me and corley had been wondering about. Totally random I was waiting for my sister-in-law in the parking lot, well just outside the parking lot where everyone was driving in. I looked at her and I also knew her passenger and I thought I went to school with her. Holy Shit I know her and I haven't seen her for like four years. It was great fun, catching up makes you feel like you are a kid again.

No comments: