Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Living Will

I realize that in no way is this legal.  I just want a record of what I want that isn't hidden somewhere that is found too late if, god forbid, something were to happen to me.  I don't want anything to happen to me, but sometimes it is best to plan for the worst.  Plus, I really care about this stuff.  So listen up.


  • I do NOT want to be kept alive artificially longer than a period of possible recovery.  Pull the plug, put  a pillow over my face, I don't care.  Just don't keep me alive like that.  
  • I do NOT want to be embalmed.  
  • I would like to be cremated.  Then put in an Eternal Reef.  Buy me the biggest reef I can afford. Put Grubb's ashes in the reef with me, along with any other dogs that have passed.  Put on the plaque "'...the sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonders forever.' -Jacques-Yves Cousteau. Still it holds (My First, Middle, and Last name).  She was loved. " 
As for my belongings:
  • My most prized possession goes to Jessica, I know she will take good care of Bucket.  Ideally, Bucket will be long dead by the time I die, but the point of this is you never know. 
  • To Corley- All my memories.
  • Casey can have my computer and my camera.  
  • My friends can have anything they want.  Tammy gets the rest and my money, unless her house is payed off, then split it between my poor friends.  
As for a memorial service:
  • I want everyone to tell funny stories about me.  They have to be funny.  No sad shit.  I know nobody can tell a funny story like me, but you will have to try. 
  • I want it to be recorded so in case anyone wants to hear the stories later they can.  Just audio is fine.  I don't want a video of people crying. 
  • I do NOT want it to be in a church. A park or somewhere outdoors would be ideal, but the weather will dictate that.  I would rather not have it in a funeral home, but I'm not firm on that.
  • I do NOT want any Bible verses to be read! Plenty of people have written prettier words.  If something has to be read, choose something I have read and enjoyed.  There is plenty of that too.
  • I want Big photos of all my pets. 
  • No Flowers! If people want to spend money they can give to French or English Bulldog Rescue.  
  • As for the Playlist here are some songs I want played in no specific order:
    • Old Before Your Time- Ray LaMontagne
    • Roadhouse Girl- Ray LaMontagne
    • Long as I can See the Light- CCR
    • Midnight Special- CCR
    • Good Times- Sam Cooke
    • Cool Jerk- The Capitols
    • Try Me- James Brown
    • Close Your Eyes- Peaches and Herb
    • That's How Strong My Love Is- Otis Redding
    • Open the Door to Your Heart- Darrell Banks 
    • Stand By Me- Ben E. King
    • If You Need Me- Solomon Burke
    • Turn On Your Love Light- Bobby Bland
    • Patches- Clarence Carter
    • Just for You- Sam Cooke
    • Southern Cross- Crosby Stills and Nash
    • Other than that, play what reminds you of me.  I only ask that whatever it is, it better have soul.  
If any of my requests are not met NOBODY GETS ANYTHING!  !!!  AND I WILL HAUNT YOU!!!

Bucket will go to a French Bulldog rescue.  
My computer and camera will go to Out Youth Austin.
All of my money will be split part ways between Out Youth, French Bulldog Rescue, and English Bulldog Rescue.  

I do this because, if nothing else, I know Jessica will fight for Bucket and let everybody know what is what! 

I will hand write this soon and have it signed by two witnesses so that it is legal. 

1 comment:

jes said...

You're damn right!!!! "They" will have to peel that Bucket from MY cold dead hands....

Not gonna lie, this totally made me cry. Please don't die, ok? Seriously. Take your vitamins.