Monday, October 11, 2010

Here are the highlights of my weekend...

Friday night:

First there was bowling. Which combined a lot of screaming with a lot of movement I don't ordinarily do. I had a headache at about 8:30. When the party moved to my house someone peed on the wall of my bathroom. Nice addition to any room. By the end of the night I couldn't sleep because my head hurt. I didn't drink a drop of booze.

Saturday:

Woke up at 7 with the worst sore throat from the yelling. Plus it felt like I had been beat with a stick. I just thought that was bowling soreness. As the day progressed I felt feverish, but nothing unmanageable. Come wedding rehearsal I was ready for death. It was 85 degrees outside and I was feeling cold. Some women are naturally cold. I am not one of them. It is a know fact that if I shiver and it is hotter than 50 outside I have a fever. I power through the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Meanwhile, my kidneys are hurting at this point. On the drive home me and MP both came to the idea that maybe I have kidney stones. As the night progressed my fever only got worse. MP was putting cold compresses on my wrists and throat trying to keep me cool. Which worked, maybe. Right as I remembered we had a thermometer I started to cool off. MP hands me the thermometer, I put the thing in my mouth, and he leaves the room. It beeps while he is gone. It says I have a temperature of 98.0. He thinks I didn't leave it in long enough. Like a child who is trying to stay home from school, I monkeyed with the thermometer to get a false read. He had threatened to take me to a doctor so it isn't too far fetched. But I hadn't. Just in case he stayed in the room when I did it a second time. Sure enough 98.1.

Sunday:

I woke up feeling so much better than the night before. As the day progresses the shittier and shittier I feel. Come 10pm I was feeling feverish again. We pull out the trusty thermometer and turns out I have the same temperature of 98.3. I figure it doesn't work. That or my body temp is freakishly low.

Day four is going to be nothing but recovery, because I still have a headache and a sore throat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easy, Tiger. When you're hot enough to need cold compresses, usually your temperature way over 98.0. Just diddnt want to make any mistakes...you know it's bad when you're agreeing to go to the doctor.

Katherine Josh said...

Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

You can access info online @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
ninjiom.50webs.com