Friday, September 10, 2010

Here's the thing about my job. I'm the low person on the totem pole. Why? Because instead of saying no (or other very choice words) I just quietly do whatever I'm told. So when the girl I work with, who thinks she has more seniority than me, but we have the same job title, stops mid transaction with a customer, puts the money on the counter, says, "Hey, finish this up" and walks out of the store to buy some pain pills in the parking lot, I look at the money lying on the counter and can't bring myself to leave it there cause I don't want to deal with the rain of shit that will come from the manager's mouth and the yelling that will ensue if we are short. For some reason the people at this store think it is okay to stop mid transaction with a customer and somebody else to finish. It happens all the time. Not just her.

Then I get written up for my sales for July. First off, I wasn't even at that store for all of July. Second, that is no way to get me to sell more. Third, have these people ever even heard of morale. Fourth, this happened at the end of AUGUST. Prompt. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet my goals for August either. So, I guess about December I'll get written up for that. No coaching. No helping me. Just putting on paper that I didn't meet my goals, and I'm expected too. They make it sound as if I do nothing. I wrote more loans than everyone in the store. I wrote almost double the loans of another person, but did they get written up? No. The manager is so concerned about her loan balance. News flash I'm the only person that is writing that many loans. Do you want your loan balance up or not? We have a ranking system that depends on what you sell, how many loans you write. I'm number 2- always. Not number 4. There are two people under me that should be written up, in my opinion. And if you have to write up 3 of your four employees for productivity, why bother. Why don't they just make us sign something every day after work that says we did a shitty job?

Meanwhile the manager yells at us. For no reason at all. There is at least one point in every day where she is yelling. It is the least effective managing strategy I have ever seen. I watch everybody do nothing until she starts yelling about it. Nobody's happy after that.

Did I mention the 9 hours I'm about to work without so much as a 15 minute break. No way I'm getting to eat anything.

Happy times. Happy times.

No comments: