Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm back in Austin

I do love it so, but I wish it would cut me some slack and show me some sun.

Grubb was less than pleased when I got home. He basically ignored me for about an hour and then scratched on Kyle's front door. That's Grubb speak for, "Yeah, bitch you're home. So what. Let's get the fuck out of here." He is softening up though. He never was the most affectionate. Sluggs however is sending me over the moon with all his love and attention. I laid down on the floor to talk to MP on the Skype so I used Sluggs as a pillow. I swear I haven't been that comfortable in months. (The carpeted floor is more comfortable than a Korean bed. No lie.)

Kyle went out of town so I am house sitting/ dog watching for the next four days. It's a good thing because nobody would tolerate my horrible hours. I woke up at 4 this morning. Wait, but that isn't the worst part. The worst part is that I didn't go to bed until 2 in the morning. This was my first night of sleep after the 20 plus hour migration. So I have basically had no more than two hours of sleep at a time since Thursday. I figure I will crash soon enough. I wish I could record myself. A recent discovery has been made that when Laurens are really exhausted they talk in their sleep.

I have Hong Kong stories. I loved it. But not now. I can tell that I'm really tired because I feel like I have been on a boat, only I haven't. I can't sleep though. It sucks. It makes my brain like soup.

Off to raid Kyle's fridge!

2 comments:

madge said...

welcome back!

Venus and Mars said...

Welcome back !