Tuesday, January 05, 2010

So this is the new year.

I'm a little late on the uptake, but I think my New Year's Resolution is to be happier. I haven't quite figured out how to accomplish that yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Oh, and make new friends. Hopefully of the lesbian persuasion. Not that my old friends aren't wonderful. I just feel I have been cooped up for years. Plus all my friends are getting married and having kids. Who will go out with me?

I'm thinking of getting my teaching certificate. Tell me it's crazy. BUT, and you know how I like big buts, it will give me a good paying job while I finish my masters (NOT in a call center). Plus, I will have experience teaching and then I can be a librarian in an international school district. I haven't thought it all out yet. Can I deal with kids? Not little kids. High school kids. I know what angst is. I haven't grown out of mine yet. I don't know. I'm still thinking about it. I think I might apply to substitute when I get home. Then I can have a part time job while I work on my teaching certificate. If I decide to go this route, by summer I should be done.

1 comment:

The Q said...

I don't know if I can imagine you working with kids. I don't think you liked kids when you were one. I think that substitute teaching requires a lot more interaction than you may be ready for. Good luck, friend. Also, don't think I won't be down for going out just 'cause I'm getting hitched.