Friday, November 20, 2009

Whoops

Dropped the ball. I totally forgot to post yesterday. Oh, well. We'll just pretend that didn't happen okay. To make up for it I'll tell you two stories.

While walking to the subway I saw something in the middle of the sidewalk that looked strange. I started to slow down on approach. It was dark so I couldn't quite see it. MP didn't seem interested in what it was. No one else seemed to even pay attention that there was something there. It was small and circular. MP started to walk around it. Right when I figured out it was alive, a girl's foot came about 1/2" from kicking the rat. A rat. A live. In the middle of the sidewalk. Just sitting there. I think it was pretty sick. Probably dying. It was weird. It eventually walked off into the bushes pretty slowly.

Bonus material:

Yesterday I was trying to take a nap. I don't know if I mentioned that me and MP share a bed that is about 3" wider than a twin. Which is no big deal, but sometimes a gal likes to spread out. That is what a nap is for. So I don't have a shirt on I'm trying to nap and then MP gets a phone call. He tells me that internet people are coming to change the lines. Ugh. I don't want to get up. So I go back to sleep. Less than an hour later he wakes me up and tells me they are here do you just want to stay in bed? Yes. Leave me alone. He throws the covers over my head and I attempt to go back to sleep. Well we live in a room. It took three Koreans to change the line. At one point some kind of alarm was going off and the woman of the three was talking on the phone. Instead of turning off the alarm she just started talking louder. By the time they left I was thoroughly pissed. I got up and looked at MP and said, "How can I sleep with all the beeping and the ching chonging?!?" Then he laughed. All racism aside it really does sound like they say ching chong sometimes. No kidding.

No comments: