Sunday, November 08, 2009

Alcohol + Boys= Nasty Morning

Every time I drink with boys it gets out of hand. Apparently, I'm a weakling when it comes to peer pressure. Wait, did I mention there was an Irish boy involved? That makes the drinking happen that much harder. The rest of us were loaded and he was barely buzzed.

Weird things about Korea (the kind of things you only find out when you're drunk)-
  • Korea doesn't contain strip clubs, only massage parlors.
  • You can buy your beer in a tall boy form in the corner store and walk around with it in the street. The whole country is like Vegas.
  • Be leery of people, just because they are white and could speak English don't just ask anybody about where the strip clubs are. If you do, MP can get you out of any awkward social situation by lying to the creepy guy who now wants to follow you.
  • When bitchy Korean waitresses are telling you they don't have any Korean beer at the bar and then say that four people can't order two beers and two waters all you need to do is get bitchy right back and threaten to leave. She changes her tune.
  • In the morning when a hangover is in full swing it is fortuitous that the subway stations and trains are relatively empty for when you have to puke in the corner of the station or on the stairs or in the train. Only one guy had to move his feet to avoid my vomit. It just didn't stop fast enough. What's a girl to do?
  • Tequila and cheap beer don't mix in any country.
Funny story: I was forced, forced I tell you, to ask two separate woman if they knew if there were any strip clubs. The first one didn't (obviously) the second one had a better idea, but she didn't know either (obviously). I tried to tell boys that women don't know where strip clubs are, but fine. There was some discussion about how the first girl I asked was attractive. So I say to our friend, "Is there anything else you want me to do? You want me to ask her if she'll fuck you too?" And then MP spit his beer out in the middle of the sidewalk. Much laughter ensued.

Then I woke up in the morning to a wicked hangover and worse cramps in an apartment that wasn't ours. Period, cramps, not being prepared, hangover, rain, subway, vomiting, makes your head kind of spin thinking about how terrible it is, doesn't it. Oh, my head was spinning all right.

P.S. Still feeling like shit at 4:45 pm.

1 comment:

The Q said...

I feel for you.