Thursday, September 10, 2009

Something I find curious...

A few days ago I went to the post office on 6th. As I walked in a man in some khakis and a button up white shirt and white hair walked in to the building right ahead of me. He didn't turn to check if anyone was coming in after him. He just let the door slam in my face. I thought to myself "He must not be from Austin." I dropped a letter off. Checked to see if I could buy stamps without standing in line. I couldn't so I left. I was in the building not 3 minutes and another white haired man in the exact same get-up did the exact same thing. Just waltzed through the door like he was the only person in the whole fucking universe. Who are these men that don't hold the door open when someone else is coming? Did they not have mothers to teach them proper door etiquette?

Jump to a few days later at Biker Bingo. There is not a person in there who doesn't have tons of tattoos. I'm usually the least tattooed. There isn't a person in there who doesn't look really mean. It is probably a safe bet to put your money on a lot of them are carrying some kind of weapon. You know, they have the biker thing going on. Well, let me tell you. They god damn hold the door for people. The say excuse me when they slightly touch you, they say thank you and please. They are all around decent human beings. They say Hi to you even though they don't know your name, but they have seen you a few times. Sometimes you even get a smile.

So, who is supposed to be the deviant in this scenario?

No comments: