Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hey kids,

Did mommy ever tell you about the time she was really depressed and hated life and didn't have a job? Well, I was in my mid twenties thinking about how much life sucked and not doing much to change my situation. . .

So the beginning of that little ditty doesn't sound very good. Do you think that is why I have never heard any stories from adults about how much it sucks to be in your twenties and thinking that you should be an adult by now, but you just can't manage to get your shit together?

I can't seem to get un-depressed. I mean I have made significant leaps in the amount I'm crying. The sleeping and feeling like shit is taking a little longer to shake.

Saturday I was in San Antonio with a boy. The plan was: he wakes up goes to work from 9-1. I was going to sleep a little bit later and then wake up and go back home, and he was going to meet me in Austin after work. Well, he came home after work to me still sleeping. Good thing he didn't just go straight to Austin as was planned. Nice work, Lauren.

I think I will be okay soon. I can kind of feel it taking a corner. Hopefully something breaks and the pressure will release. I can't make myself do anything right now.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Lauren! I am so there! I can't seem to finish my degree, marriage is hard and I worry about money a lot. Where is my grownup life? WTF? I really hope you have turned a corner, and if you manage it, lemme know how.

jes said...

we still need to re-schedule our hang-out! it's 8:30am and I'm guessing you're asleep...you you call me ok :)