Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I bought a hula hoop

I had so much fun hula hooping on Saturday night at Corley and Casey's house I ran right out and bought one of my own.

The backs of my legs are still kinda sore. It is so weird to me that my hamstrings would be sore from hula hooping. Corley told me it was exercise and I didn't believe her. She was right.

Maybe that is why I was so painfully skinny as a 10 year old. When I was 10, or so, you could full on see every one of my ribs. I also had, HAD, to sleep with a pillow between my knees or I would wake up with nasty bruises. It could also have been that I had a poor diet because we were really poor. I was a sad little kid. Around that time is when my mom weighed 98 pounds. The last time I weighed 98 pounds I think I was 14. I found an old license the other day, when I got my first driver's license I weighed 108 pounds. Those were the days. I wish I had the drive to get down to that weight again. It is clear to me that I don't. I even have a reason and I just don't feel like it.

Maybe that hula hoop will help.

No comments: