Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hi, everyone,

Your friend Lauren, here writing from the depths of hell. See, I didn't do a damn thing this entire spring break and now I am paying for it with my mortal soul.

I do this all the time; it isn't spring breaks fault. I procrastinate, and procrastinate, and procrastinate, and then- bam! I have to hurry and get everything done. This little spastic dance I do with my school work ties my stomach into a million tiny knots. It hurts.

Why would anybody assign a paper that is due the week after spring break anyway? On top of that we have a reading assignment. Professors who assign readings when there are papers due should be taken into a back alley and put out of their misery.

I want a life beyond school. I don't claim to have one, but I'm trying. But DAMN IT why are they making it so god damned hard?

Well, fuck it. I'm not letting this get to me anymore. I have four more days. That is plenty of time. I will do as much as I can. I will do the best that I can, because that is all I can do, and be done with it. If I get a bad grade? So what, right? I'm paying for this. Why can't I get a shitty grade every once in a while? Life won't end.

I'm leaving the house tonight. I'm getting away from my school work. I'm finding it harder and harder to care.

No comments: