Thursday, February 12, 2009

I have nothing to say

I keep thinking of things to say, but they all leave in quick order.  Right now it feels like somebody has put an ax in the back of my head.  I have so much school shit to do, but I just don't want to do it.  Oh, thought of something.  

I have started my first project of graduate school. I'm really excited about it because I think it is a really, REALLY awesome project and I'm happy I can be a very very small part of it.  There is an environmental lawyer in Austin who has travelled all around Texas interviewing all kinds of different people about environmental issues.  He has been working on the project for about 10 years.  It is called The Texas Legacy Project.  Our job is to take an hour video that we have been assigned and make it searchable so that you can search any word and go to the point in that movie where the word was said so nobody has to waste time with the whole movie to watch 10 seconds of footage. We will also add a table of contents, sink the transcript with the video, and make links to Google Earth of the places that are mentioned in the video. Then as a group of 4 we will be making a website for K-8 geography teachers to use the website and focus on how they will use it and what they need to get out of the website.  After we were given instructions on what to do I came home and took a nap and dreamed/ dreamt?  about it.  

I got my hair cut today.  It is so different.  I'm not quite used to it yet.  

Kyle booked our room for the pinball festival. I'm excited.  I'm really looking forward to Spring Break.  School is going by so fast. It won't be long and I will be freaking out about all the stuff I have to turn in.   

No comments: