Tuesday, February 24, 2009

All things school

Bullets away!
  • I have an assignment for my Digital Records class where we are assigned a news source to keep track of and post about one story once a week.  The TA emailed a list with active links after we sounded off our number during class.  My number was second to last- easy to remember.  The link was wrong.  Yeah, so I was reading a different blog than I was assigned. Excellent, because I just found out.  We have been doing this for 3 weeks.  How come nobody told me?  The TA is supposedly reading all of the news clips and compiling a summary for the Professor once a week.    
  • There is a boy in that same class who is really cute.  He looks like a comic book character, maybe like Archie style.  Nerd-chic definitely.  Anyways I walked behind him the other day and I was a little ways behind him so it could have been someone else, though there was no one else around, and he smelled like cologne and oatmeal.  Which, incidentally, is exactly what Kyle's new nephew smelled like the other day after his dad was holding him.
  • I have a paper due in one of my classes that we are supposed to get pre-approval of the topic before we write it and I emailed on Saturday and still haven't gotten a response.  Thing is, I have to read quite a lot.  Why haven't I got a response?  
  • Furthermore, I have a paper due for a different class and I am so totally overwhelmed it is not even funny.  The worst part is that I looked up the same class taught by a different Professor and it looks so easy.  They don't have ONE SINGLE paper on the schedule. I'm asking a lot of why questions, but I'm going to throw this one out there anyway.  Why me?
  • I would give anything to read a novel.  If I could just get a little spare time that would be great, even better if it was assigned reading.  Oh, English major how I miss you.  
  • If I hear the word "metadata" one more time I might vomit.   
  • Back to this other class with no papers on the schedule, they probably have about one quarter of the reading that we do.  I should have known.  Our class still had seats available and the other class was waitlisted.  The Professor for my class wrote a 51 page syllabus.  At least 30 of the pages are criteria for written assignments.  I wonder if my paper will be graded harshly?   
  • I also wonder if I will jump off a high building this semester. 
  • Better yet, maybe I will jump up my own ass and think that it is perfectly acceptable to write a 51 page syllabus.  
  • I think I am going to open a business.  All the startup I need is a building with little, closet size rooms that are sound proofed.  It will be near campus.  People pay a dollar and go in and scream.  They can get 5 minutes for each dollar.  Nobody can scream for that long anyway, and you can pay with pocket change.  Also in the room (for an extra charge) you can have a full size dummy and a plastic bat. You can go to wailing and screaming and get out all of your anxiety.  Maybe I could get a grant and call it research.
  • Now that I have complained about everything I could possibly complain about I am going back to my homework.  

1 comment:

sans_sanity said...

Incidently, there's a small building behind Zen on Guadalupe for rent. It actually looks like the perfect place for your startup. I'll even help do your marketing.