Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm supposed to be on a diet

It is going poorly to say the least. I am exceptionally lazy. (I did have a blood test to see if I have mono. They told me I didn't but I don't believe them.) I will eat anything if it means that I don't have to do anything. This translates to eating a lot of pizza. Kyle and I finally went to the grocery store. It was pathetic. We had nothing. NOTHING. Since we have been to the store I have eaten English muffins for the past two nights for dinner. And cookies. Granted I only have 3 cookies and as far as calories go an English muffin and 3 cookies isn't that bad, but damn. What is wrong with me?

Whatever I am doing I think it is working. This is misleading. I have been running up and down my stairs and lifting 10 pound dumbbells when I watch tv. I haven't just been sitting around eating english muffins. Anyway, the point I was getting at is this: I wore my Dickies today. They were freshly washed and dried in the dryer, which means I need a small miracle to get them on. Boy, oh boy, are they tight for about half and hour. But today they slipped right on. Now, I don't mean to make you think they are loose, because they aren't. I only didn't need a shoe horn. Whenever I'm on a diet I find it best not to weigh. I'm fairly sure that I have lead pumping through my veins. So it can be misleading. I weigh 126 pounds. I wear a size 3 pants. I know of two people who weigh 5 to 10 pounds less than me and wear larger pants (2 to 3 sizes larger). So I judge all my weight changes through my clothes and how they fit.

On the mono note, everyday at 6-6:30 I become incredibly tired. Yesterday, for instance, I woke up at 7am so I could be at school at 9. I got home a little after 12. Kyle and I took a nap. I slept for about an hour. At 6 pm I took another nap. Not because I was tired, no. Because I couldn't keep my eyes open. That is not normal. Granted I was reading, but that still isn't normal for me. I am managing to not take a nap today. But it is difficult. I'm really tired right now. When I went to UT health services they made me fill out a questionnaire about depression to tabulate if I was depressed. My points added up to mild anxiety. The doctor also said that with that many points I could be stressed. She could have just asked if I was stressed. I would have told her yes. She said I could be fatigued because of stress. She said the mono test could give me a false positive and if I wanted to be sure there is a blood test that is $100. I opted for the $17 one. I wasn't that worried about it.

Maybe I'm tired because of my poor diet.

2 comments:

The Q said...

Cookies and english muffins don't have protein. Try eating more of that. Do you take vitamins, Cookie Lady?

Lauren said...

yep