Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The New Year

Once upon a time my only goal in life was to not get fat. I was happy then. Life was easy. Things were good. I was accomplishing my goals daily. My new years resolution is to get back to that state of mind. Once I was fun, and funny, and carefree. What happened? I hear myself becoming bitterer by the minute. If I could just let loose a little. I'm pretty sure all I need is an IV drip of something like Valium. Yeah. That sounds great. Or an IV drip of beer. Would that kill me? It would probably burn.

Last Friday I was hanging out with some friends and they were asking me all kinds of questions about when I was a teenager. I don't know how we got on the subject. I think it was because they were asking me about when Kyle and I started dating. I started thinking about how much fun we used to have doing, well, nothing. I think we were just inebriated most of the time.

Note to self: Stay intoxicated most of the time. Life is so much better that way.


This is post 500.

3 comments:

jes said...

Unfortunately, staying drunk might make you fat.... :/

haha

The Q said...

Whippits.

Lauren said...

I'm down. Anybody holding?