Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm back

Sometimes I-35 really blows and then other times I am so happy it brought me back home I forget how hard it blows. I feel like I need a shower after being in Fort Worth, to wash off all the hillbilly germs I got on me. I was mostly in Saginaw, a small town outside of Fort Worth.

You find out a lot about Texas towns by billboards. As we came up on Temple/Belton area there were tons of billboards that advertised "Keep an eye on Poachers" and it had a picture of a Bald Eagle. Is there an excess of eagle poaching in Temple? For God sakes. Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, when we got to Waco they had billboards that advertised that they had the 7th highest murder rate in Texas. Is that the kind of thing you want to advertise? I'm not really sure what that is supposed to accomplish. They should try Waco is for murderers. Or maybe- If you are thinking about coming to infect the Texas market with your inflated California money think again! Waco, where someone might knife you! How about - We don't have any jobs for you and we'll just as soon kill ya. Waco, where we want you to fuck off. Lovely, isn't it? Why didn't I go into advertising. I would be so good at it. That took me seconds to come up with. Waco might do good to hire me because I was a little unsure of their marketing strategy. There would be no mistaking mine.

We took a small poll in one of my classes the other day to find out who hates Houston and Dallas. One guy said he was from Dallas and he liked it. Werido. Personally, I hate both. Especially the driving. One second your on the road you are supposed to be on, according to your directions, and the next minute you take a left exit to lost-ville. The left exit is the bane of my existence. I am so glad Austin doesn't have the left exit. I might never find my way home.

How about you... Do you hate Houston or Dallas? (I promise I will judge you.) If your not from Texas you can play along with ....How do you feel about the left exit?

1 comment:

madge said...

well, i hate dallas.