Monday, September 15, 2008

Movies

Recently I watched There Will Be Blood I am not even sure what to say about it. . . I have sat here quietly for a while and the result is I have no words to express how slow and weird that movie was. Talk about over rated. I also watched Juno. This too is over rated. It was a cute movie. It wasn't bad, but "Best Movie of the Year? (There Will Be Blood was nominated for that category at the Oscars too. Where the choosers of the movies stoned?) Juno is just a high school movie that got a lot of big press. I am really hating the trend of independent movies becoming popular. There is a reason why independent movies are independent. It is because they aren't made for the idiot population. They don't make money with the themes, etc. Doesn't mean they aren't good it means that they are really good. I have always said you have to wade through a lot of shit to find a good movie, but it is so worth it. I think the populous wades through a modicrum of shit finds a decent one then parades it around like they are the Indie Queen of the world. Yes, we all know you are so fucking cool for watching a movie that doesn't star The Rock. But please go back to the hole you came from so the Independent movie doesn't get watered down. If that gets taken away from me I don't know what I would do with myself. I would have to watch independent independent movies. That is already a genre- Youtube.

No comments: