Saturday, September 06, 2008

I cannot catch a fucking break

In order of least shitty:

Kyle and I play a little game. We try to find the worst thing on television and then turn it up really loud and see which of us crumbles first. Last night we watched the worst thing in the history of bad movies. Georgia Rule. Worst Movie Ever. They played a Ray LaMontagne song. Horrible. I almost cried. Then I created a scenario that he was starving and he had to eat so he sold them the song.

My mom is having surgery on Tuesday. She will not be able to go back to work for 2 plus weeks. He sister is coming to town to take care of her.

Sluggs had a seizure last night. He didn't wet himself so it wasn't a gran mal, but his eyes were open and he didn't seem to be able to see anything. His muscles were incredibly tense. It lasted for about 5 minutes and then he came back to us. We called the emergency vet and she asked if had gotten into any drugs or alcohol. I know this is a college town, but Sluggs isn't in a fraternity. It was so weird I'm am starting to wonder if this has ever happened before. We had been in bed for about thirty minutes and Kyle was almost asleep. I was watching a movie in bed. It was 2 o'clock and I looked over at Sluggs and his legs looked weird and I tried to wake him up but nothing happened. I thought he was just having a bad dream and moving his legs weird. I don't think I would have ever known had we already been asleep. When he woke up and his eyes were all over the place and he looked really scared and sniffing around like he didn't know where he was. He got off the bed and I was trying to talk to him and he was smelling around and then his whole body was stiff again and I held him and rocked him and talked to him while Kyle was on the phone with the vet. It was possibly the worst experience of my life. Kyle decided that he couldn't ever have children because it was too scary.

Oh, life. Cut me a break for a few weeks. Please.

1 comment:

The Q said...

Oh, Honey, I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through that with Sluggs. I hope things get better.