Friday, August 08, 2008

The Path to School

Everyday I park in the same spot.  I take the same route walking to class.  Here is a list of some of the things I have seen this summer.  
  • hotdog buns
  • hamburger buns
  • sliced bread
  • what looked like a skinned baby bird
  • big dead grackle (it seems like I see a new dead bird every week)
  • poop, hard to tell what animal made it, but I would venture to say dog poop.  It was on the sidewalk at the intersection of an alley.  You never know, it could have been bum poop. That area reeks of piss.  
  • A little man pushing a huge fat woman in a wheel chair.  He was barely taller than the woman even though she was sitting.  It was comical.  
  • 3 men smoking weed out in the open.  I saw a man yesterday smoking a joint.  I thought, "Man, that is the second person I have seen this summer smoking weed out in the street." He was an Asian fellow, clean cut sitting near the Dobie.  I smelt it and turned around to see his joint tucked back in his palm.  I take about three more steps and see a hippie- looking fellow smoking a joint the exact same size and shape as the other guy.  Weird.  One must have given the other one the joint.   
  • A not-so-dirty-looking guy digging in the dumpster.  I wondered what for and by the time I passed him he was walking behind me.  I don't think he found what he was looking for.  For the record I find it hard to walk 6 feet away from the dumpster because 1 it stinks like trash and 2 it stinks like piss.  He basically had his head in it.  Gross.  
  • A pair of jeans
I'm sure there are more outrageous things that I have seen, but I don't take notes.  This is all the stuff I can remember.  

1 comment:

NWO said...

If you remembered it all, you probably wouldn't be having enough fun.