Saturday, March 01, 2008

Weirdest Story of the Week

It is 5:30 in the morning and someone is ringing our door bell. On a Saturday. What the fuck? Who is it? The neighbor? This guy is involved in some obviously illegal shit. He asks Kyle to take him to 183 and Duval. He and his old lady are fighting, he's crying and she has called the cops (he says the cops never showed). He doesn't want to go to jail. Kyle says yes. I can't go back to sleep. I'm envisioning this guy telling Kyle to stop the car and making him get out. So I tell Kyle to call me if he isn't home in 30 minutes. I briefly panic when he is gone, "Fuck, I have no idea what Kyle's license plate number is and the neighbors name is Jose. Jose. That narrows it down to about 20,000 people." He called me in 15 to tell me he was on his way home. It took exactly 30 minutes. Then we couldn't go to sleep so we talked about having more knock-down-drag-out fights. Tonight we are going to pick up a 48 pack of beer and see who gets meaner first. My money's on Grubb. Wanna come over for the fun?

1 comment:

madge said...

PLEASE!