Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mr. Tambourine Man

I was listening to Bob Dylan on the bus and I had to laugh. I thought about so many years ago, I was living with my mom. Me and Kyle were on the skids. I was really depressed. I would sit on the floor of my room and listen to Bob Dylan, specifically Mr. Tambourine Man. I would wait until close to the last verse and crack a whip-it. Then I would be all woozy and get to listen to my favorite verse.

Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

It was fun. I wish had a whip-it.

I don't know what's worse that I did this or that I think it is funny and would do it again in a hurry if I had the supplies.

1 comment:

madge said...

steve and i laughed and laughed about this post.