Friday, May 25, 2007

I've been very sick

I have been really sick since Sunday morning. I thought I was just hung over from drinking THREE drinks at Corley's graduation party. I'm pretty sure I was sick. Today is the first day I've been able to sit at the computer. I have watched so much tv it is unbelievable. I lost about five pounds this week. Three more pounds and I will weigh as much as I did in high school. So pretty much I'm wasting away. Nothing like violent illness to get you ready for bikini season, right?

In the middle of being deathly ill I had to go to the Tool concert. I couldn't miss it. We drive over an hour to San Antonio. We have to walk a long way from the car to our seats with no breaks. So when we get to our seats I'm tired. There was some shit band before Tool we had to suffer through. Then Tool comes on and everybody stands up. Well, fuck if I can stand up for two hours. I could stand up a little if I wanted to see something or peek through people but mostly I saw the backs of the people in front of me.

Oh, by the way those people where on their cell phones almost the entire time. If they weren't on their cell phones they were chit chatting to one another. This is becoming an epidemic every time we go to a concert there is someone yelling in our ear. I did not spend 50 fucking dollars to hear those people chat. I'm done ranting. Let me tell you how weird Maynord is.

He comes out in some tight jeans and a tight white undershirt, boots and an old bent up cowboy hat. That is weird, but during the first song he takes the hat off and does some sort of a back bend kind a thing and it waving the hat around over his head like his is riding a bull. At one point he goes behind the giant equipment wall (we can see him back there because we are about 150 ft up and really close the side of the stage) he sits down and takes off his boots. The whole stage was a projector. Which was really, really neat-o. But unfortunately the vocals weren't turned up enough so we couldn't hear him singing. The drums were way to high. Before they come on Kyle says to me that he thinks this bass might shake a shit out of him. The first boom of bass and I was like oh my god that might actually happen to me. For the entire first song my stomach gurgled to the bass. When the bass shook my stomach my stomach churned. Thankfully I got used to it, but after two hours I was incredibly tired.

No comments: