Friday, April 06, 2007

The pros and cons of living with a tall boy

Pros:
He can clean things for me that I can't reach. Like the top of the mirror. I don't have to go and get a stool and stretch and try to reach it. I just ask Kyle to get the top. Simple.

When Kyle is with me I never, ever have to ask anyone to get anything down for me. Even when the person at the store would usually get there long pole thing, Kyle can almost always reach. He has like a 15 foot wing span.


Long arms can reach anything.

Cons:
Long arms can reach anything. When horse playing he can keep me far enough away from him so that I can't touch him. Then harasses me mercilessly.

The paper towel holder. In my world the logical place to put the paper towel holder is on the counter top. Not so in Kyle's world. The logical spot is on top of the refrigerator. I mean think about all that space up there that isn't used. We need the counter space, why not use the top of the refrigerator? Because I can barely get a paper towel down. Even when I am on my tippy- toes. It is sad, but I am really short.

We don't have a pantry. So we keep all of non-refrigeratable goods in the cabinets. The top cabinet is dead to me. I can't reach anything up there. If whatever is up there is flat I can't even see it. Once I couldn't find a package of gummy bears anywhere. Kyle put them on the top shelf. I had to make a rule. Anything that Lauren eats doesn't go on the top shelf. No matter what. Same goes for the useless cabinet above the stove. What is that? Kyle finds all sorts of stuff that can go in there. I can't reach it. So I don't usually put stuff up there.

1 comment:

madge said...

I love this + can relate.