Saturday, April 28, 2007

Did I mention....?

Orientation is on May 29th. I will be able to register for classes then. Classes start on May 31st. Can you image the vast sum of classes I will be able to choose from, not to mention times, only TWO days before summer classes start. The choices right now are slim to none, and I still have a whole month.

I already gave notice at my job.

I still don't know where I will be living come school starting and beyond.

I was going to ride the bus everywhere, not just the UT clean, college kid bus, but the weirdo, stinky bus too. Gas is expensive and with no job I can't drive a car all over tarnation, plus there is negative parking at UT. I don't know how that is possible, but I swear it has gone past good, old No Parking and gone into the negatives. This will prove hard if we are in Georgetown. Since there is no bus into Austin. I will have to drive to north Austin and park just to ride the Capital Metro. That is half way to school.

So, in light of the bus riding I have decided to invest in a Mp3 player. I want something cheap. I don't necessarily want and ipod. But I do want something good quality. With 2-4gb. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

sans_sanity said...

iPod Shuffles have 1gb of storage and come in several colors that would compliment any outfit. All for the price of $80. There's also the iPod Nano which comes in a 2gb version for $149, but only in the silver color. I know you said you don't necessarily want an iPod, but do you really expect someone like me to recommend anything else? Anyway, as far as prices go, $149 is probably as cheap as you can get for 2gb. You could always check craigslist for used Mp3 players too.

madge said...

Interesting fact:
You can download audio books via NetLibrary (a service your library probably has) onto all mp3 players - except the iPod! So I think it would be worth your while to research some non-iPod options (even though you'd probably like to listen to music, mostly). That way on your commutes you can read without getting carsick.
;)

Lauren said...

Casey- I saw a Creative 2gb at Fry's for $99.99. With the ipod I feel like I am paying for a brand and $50 less isn't cheap enough for a rip off. But then I would want a black one and for some reason they only offer a black nano in 8bg. I don't get it.

Madge- I am so glad you told me about that! I had been wanting some audio books on Mp3 when I was hoarding Kyle's ipod. I am pretty excited I love audio books! I off to look into it.