Thursday, February 08, 2007

Just one complaint or two

First off, in our living room we have a back door. It isn't a sliding door, just a plain door. This door does, however have glass. Almost the whole thing is glass. We also have a screen door that has a doggy door in it. We have the real door open almost all the time. Lucky for us our neighbors kitchen window looks out into our backdoor. We got these new neighbors a couple of months ago. At night, when you walk by the back door, which remember is in the living room, there is almost always somebody there looking into the house. Just staring! It is beyond weird! We can't see into their house. We can just barely see over the fence. But when somebody is standing at the window you can see their head over the fence. So weird. Do they not have another window to look out of? Are we that interesting?

Then, of course, I have a complaint about work. I was putting out freight, paper specifically. I don't know if you know this about me, but I hate people. When I am doing something specific I don't like to be bothered. This is partly do to my memory thing. Sometimes it is hard to remember what I was doing. So this man walks up to me. Standard middle aged man. I know bad news when I see it and it generally comes in the form of someone middle aged. He asks me where the file folders are. I think and tell him that I don't think we have any. Then in a way to loud, outraged voices he cries out, "NO FILE FOLDERS? AT AN OFFICE SUPPLY STORE?" And gives me this look like I am the stupidest person on the face of the Earth. Now, you may not know this about me, but I don't work at an office supply store. I work at a craft store. At this point I couldn't even look him in the eye. "Um, well this isn't an office supply store. This is an arts and craft store. The office supply is next door." I am trying to not just completely fly off the handle at him. Then he says, " I got the wrong door." And walks away. Just walks away. No apology. As he was walking away I wanted to tell him, "Hey, how about an apology, dick? Because even if this was the office supply store and for some reason we didn't have file folders there is absolutely no reason why you would need to talk to the employee like than because it wasn't like they made the order or anything. You cock suck!" But instead I thought what a douche bag. He walked across the store past beads, and about thirteen miles of fake flowers to get to the paper. When did office supply stores start selling fake flowers and bunny trinkets for Easter?

Okay, last complaint I promise. This woman asks me for a couple of things. All of which were art supply related. Do you have to use a special pen to do calligraphy when you are left handed? Because she was telling me that you did... I don't believe her. But unless it is out with the other calligraphy stuff we don't. So then she asks about this paper or that paper and blah, blah, blah. We didn't have that stuff either. So then she tells me, with no malice or ill content, "I guess we can't do business then." What? Are you under the disillusion that you and I are doing business? I am not getting your money. The business the store does effects me little. I can have a new job in heart beat. Leave. Your not hurting my feelings. Why would you say that? I just don't get it.

No comments: