Thursday, February 15, 2007

I am trying to get a new job. I am really frustrated by the experience. She calls me and I was away from the phone, I call her five times in two days and she won't return my call. Really irritating. My first impression is that she wasn't going to give me the job. I seriously thought to myself, "If I can't get a job through a temp agency that is going to be it for me. I will have to kill myself there is no other option." The caliber of people that were in there. My god! Are you kidding me? (At one point when I was filling out my application I went to my car to get my phone so I could put numbers down for references. These two Mexican guys were walking in and asked me if there were a lot of people in there. I told them no. As I was walking back up the walkway they were coming back out again. And in loud voices they were speaking to me? no one in particular? that they couldn't get a job because they had a felony.) She had the nerve to tell me that I didn't have enough data entry experience to get a data entry job and that I would need to write a resume. I wrote her my resume. Two days later they called me for a different data entry job I didn't want. The job I want only hires through a temp agency. I took typing tests and she told me those were fine. My ten key is amazing I am really good at that. Can't get a data entry job....please.

I just want to go into a room and sit and be left alone for the entire time I am at work. Is that so much to ask? I don't want to answer phones I don't want to answer people's questions. I don't want to have to look at anybody. When I worked at Atomic the thing I hated most about my job was having to listen to people when they wanted to buy jewelry. Those were the single most mind-numbing, one sided conversations I have ever had to endure. Women mostly, would honestly ask my opinion about some dangle, gaudy, naval jewelry. What do you say? That is the single ugliest piece of shit I have ever seen. No, but when someone asks you for the fiftieth time that day, "Will this match my outfits?" an "I don't give a fuck!" would have felt really good.

1 comment:

madge said...

Go to your local library and see what you can find!