Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sit down. I need to talk to you.

Let's have a chat about knitting. About things that are a little beyond me.

First: Knitting with dog hair. Yep, dog hair. I watched an episode of Knitty Gritty about knitting with dog hair. It was for a dog sweater, but that doesn't matter. It is weird. You could either spin your own dog's hair or buy dog hair that is already spun. You can buy dog hair yarn. That is too weird for me.

Second: Cozies. I just don't get it. Why would your toilet paper or your tea or your computer screen need to stay warm? Inanimate objects don't feel. Why waste your time? And you should see all the things that people knit cozies for pencils, Kleenex, teapot, remote control. I just don't get it. What is the point?

4 comments:

The Q said...

You know it does make sense to try and keep the contents of your tea pot warm, though that's the only one.

madge said...

I was unaware about the knitting with dog hair. My lab turns out sensational amounts of hair. He could be someone's blanket in no time. But I wouldn't do that to him, or his hair, because that's NASTY! EW. EW. EW.

I agree. The cozy craze is out of control.

Lauren said...

You are correct Corley the teapot thing is acceptable. And to be totally truthful I did see some cute teapot cozies. I don't have a teapot so it didn't cross my mind to make one. Would yarn really keep your tea warm?

The Q said...

Do koozies really keep your beer cold? Insulation is insulation...?