Friday, December 22, 2006

This one is for you

This is for the person who has been sneaking in to my room for the past week when I have been sleeping and beating me with a lead pipe. CUT IT OUT, ALREADY!!! I have a three day weekend, and if I am not better at the end of it it looks like suicide is my only other option. Bummer.

This is also for the woman who picked a fight with me at the register when I was checking her out and then told me she didn't want to argue. The same woman was then mean to me then when I defended myself told me not to be mean. Let me give you the run down. The "holiday take-out boxes" she put on the counter didn't ring up on sale. She said there is a sign over there that says they are. "No, sorry those are different boxes." "Well it is over there on these boxes." I try to explain, but she continues to talk over me. It goes on like this for a while and she says, "I don't want to argue." Okay well then quit talking over me when I try to explain that the problem is that you are reading the sign wrong. When the "take-out" boxes are on sale it will say Holiday Take-Out Boxes on sale not Holiday boxes and tins. Unfortunately Michael's wants us to put signs up and the holdiay boxes just happen to be next to the holiday take-out boxes. It can be misleading. So then she keeps on. She had the nerve to tell me that she even asked me specifically. Indeed she did ask me if "these" were on sale. She had a tin in her hand and was looking at the tins. So I told her yes they are on sale. If she would have even so much as glanced at the take-out boxes I would have told her they were not on sale, cause I knew for a fact they were not. So what else should I say but, "You asked about the tins." That is when she told me not to be mean. "Don't be mean", she says, "It is three days until Christmas." I don't know what that has to do with anything. I told her I was sorry. I was sorry. Sorry that she was the one who started it, but couldn't hang in when I made her feel like the asshole that she was. Not to mention, after she finally stopped talking about the boxes I asked her if she still wanted them. She said yes I counted and rang them up. Then she says, "I had seven and you charged me for nine." So I take them out of the bag and count out loud and what do you know? There were nine. So she says she only wants seven. Okay. Then I ring the cookie tin up that was on sale. "That wasn't on sale?" So I take it out of the bag and show her the original price. "The original price is $2.99. It rang up for $2.09." Jesus lady get a grip. Do want this shit or not? Do you not want to argue or not? Because, you are pretty much doing your damnedest to piss me off. I am sick. I am tired. But mostly I am sick and tired of you.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

magical. it sounds like every holiday retail experience i've ever had....

i wonder if they just make one copy of this lady and send her out to every store right before closing time... y'know, as a sort of test.

the best is when they get into yelling matches with their significant other right as you're ringing them up.

i suggest making a mix of every non-holiday angry song you can think of, and listen to it on your breaks.

---MB

ps. happy holidays! -snicker-

The Q said...

This is officially your first retail job, isn't it?

You've been thrown to the wolves by starting out during the holidays!