Saturday, December 02, 2006

My week

I was scheduled to work 20 hours at work. I am part time. I ended up working almost 30. Why? I have no idea what are they doing up there? Thursday, my normal day off I went to work at the Round Rock store because they were behind in their frame shop. Okay, fine no big deal. I will do it. It was only 9-1. Meanwhile, at 8 in the morning on the way to the Round Rock store it is sleating and the roads were less than friendly. Fine. Friday I was supposed to be in at 5-9. I get a call at 11 am.
"Hey, Lauren, this is Derek. What are you doing?"
"Sleeping."
"Oh, did I wake you up?"
"No, it is fine."
"Okay, well today I looked at the schedule and realized we don't have a framer after 1. Can you come in from 1-9?"
Thinking that I would be framing I agreed. That was a poor decicision. Because I never frame and I should have known. I get there and they had called another kid into do the framing stuff. I was going to put out freight. Guess what happened then. The manager calls me over the intercom to dial whatever extention and low and behold they don't have any cashiers either. Excellent. So from 1:30-5:30 I was "back up cashier" at 5:30 the kid left and they didn't have anybody in the frame shop so they finally let me go back there and stopped calling me.

Last night I write down my schedule and set it on the table and tell Kyle that I am only working 2 days next week. He says, "Really?" I am only working tuesday and wednesday but I work 8 hours each day. "Yeah, but you know they are going to call you in every day." Yeah, I know.

Saturday at 2 pm: "Hey Lauren I wanted to know if you could work tomorrow from 9-4?"

I haven't called back my answer is HELL NO!!!

1 comment:

madge said...

Assholes!