Friday, December 08, 2006

Glitter is sparkly, but it hurts when it gets in your eye

My boss (the guy who hired me): Hey would you go and put that "power panel" ( a display on the side of an endcap) back on. I had to move it for something else and I haven't got a chance to put it back up. The power panels are upstairs.
Me: Okay
Me putting the power panel up. Question to the very nice, very funny, gay, male Assistant Store Manager.
Me to Assistant Manager : Hey, how high does this go up?
Assistant Manager: Just to where it is almost touching the ground.

We both look down to discover it is about two feet off the ground.

Assistant Manager: Oh, that is too short.
Me: Do I need a long one?
Assistant Manager: Yeah, if there isn't a long one I don't know what we are going to do.
Me: I think there is a long one up there.
Assistant Manager: Are you sure? Because I know at one point I was looking for long and all I could find was short.
Me: Story of my life
and before he even caught it
Me: Just kidding
Laughter, laughter, laughter, more laughter as I walked away to go get the long one I could hear him laughing as he went to go tell a few people. He thought that was so good.

I can't pass up an opportunity to make a gay man laugh about penis jokes. It is just too good.

That is absolutely not true, by the way. Just a joke.

No comments: